This is a GOOD school (Ofsted, 2019).
The school was last inspected in January 2019. Please see the full report below.
We realise there is still work to be done and our current improvement targets are:
- Quality of education
- Pupils develop detailed knowledge and skills across the curriculum and, as a result, achieve well. This is reflected in the work and outcomes pupils produce.
- Teaching and learning is informed by evidence from cognitive science
- Our curriculum is broad, balanced and knowledge rich and fit for purpose through re-design, clear rationale and consistent implementation
- Begin to close the disadvantage gap in writing and reading and boys writing
- Ensure consistent assessment and tracking across all subjects to ensure teacher judgements are robust and accurate
- Behaviour and attitudes
- Decrease persistent absence particularly in disadvantaged pupils
- Support pupils with SEMH needs to manage their behaviour in school
- Develop pupils attitude to learning so they have high aspirations and become resilient to setbacks
- Personal development
- Provide career information for pupils and raise aspirations
- Continue to develop curriculum enrichment programme to encourage resilience and independence
- Leadership and management
- Develop subject leaders to monitor and track attainment in all subjects
- Quality of education in early years
- Increase parental engagement with reading and number of pupils achieving Literacy ELG
- Develop fine motor skills and letter and number formation in pupils so they are ready for their next steps
- Support pupils in their personal, social and emotional development building resilience and independence
- Develop the outdoor area to provide more opportunities for learning outside the classroom
To submit your views about the school please follow the link below to the Parent View questionnaire. https://parentview.ofsted.gov.uk/